NexWire Inc. (“Company” “Us” or ”We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to, governs and describes:
- How we, or any person(s) authorized to act on our behalf, collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and/or any additional person named on an account, users of a NexWire service, potential customers and users of nexwire.ca (our “Website”).
- The types of information we may collect from you, including when you visit our Website.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, username or other similar identifier, billing and account/banking information, social insurance number, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information”).
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us or to anyone authorized to act on our behalf, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, mail, email, through our Website or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- Third parties, with your consent. e.g. you may be asked to consent to us obtaining information about your credit worthiness from a credit reporting agency.
- Publicly available sources.
Details Specific to the Collection of Information From and About Visitors and Users of our Website
We automatically collect certain information about all visitors and users of our website. There may also be instances where you are asked or required to directly provide us with or enter information on our site in order to access certain areas of our website, or to communicate with us, amongst other things. The information we collect through our Website, above and beyond that which is automatically collected from all users, will depend on the manner in which you use our Website, the areas of our Website you access or intend to access and what, if anything, you wish to communicate to us. For more information on how we may collect information and what we collect, please see the following.
Information Automatically Collected from Website Users
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or that we receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Information You Provide through our Website
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms through our Website. This includes information (including financial information) provided at the time of subscribing to our Service or when you are requesting further services (including through your NexWire account where applicable). We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including your name, address, email addresses and other contact information), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Information collected when you log-in on our Website through your NexWire Account and interact with us through your account. For example, we may collect your information when you make changes to your account information or make payments through your NexWire Account. You will be required to provide financial information when making payments through your NexWire Account.
- Your search queries on the Website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To authenticate the identity and preserve the privacy of customers contacting NexWire by telephone, electronic means or otherwise.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To create, establish and administer customers’ accounts and to respond to customers.
- To provide you with notices about your [account/subscription], including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- For internal training and quality assurance purposes.
- To improve our Website or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To ensure the NexWire’s networks are functioning and protect the integrity of our networks.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also, subject always to your right to withdraw your consent regarding the following uses, use your information to contact you for the purposes of conducting analytics, experiential surveys, or request feedback to improve and manage our relationship with you or to provide you with information and/or offers in connection with goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of NexWire Inc’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by NexWire about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- To enforce or apply our terms and conditions for the prevision of NexWire services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NexWire Inc., our customers, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain promotional offers from us, whether through, mail, email or by telephone, but no longer wish to have your contact information used by the us to promote our services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
Our Website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at 1-800-667-2105 extension 221.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances e.g. should you no longer wish to receive of participate in NexWire’s mail marketing, telephone marketing and quality control communications or promotional communication. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact our Customer Service team at the email address of number provided on our Website. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
1112 County Road 22,
Grafton ON, K0K 2G0
1-800-667-2105 ext. 221
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.
Last modified: December 9, 2022